Sunday, October 21, 2018

I'm back!

I haven't blogged in a year! Ha! I had written a year ago (actually almost two years ago) that I was going to use this blog as a way to track workouts, races and nutrition. Well - I am finally going to do that especially since I have had an up and down summer/fall in terms of workouts. It's been really hot and I have struggled with nutrition and hydration. Today was a different, happy story. It finally feels like fall in Richmond. It was about 45 degrees and breezy when I started my run this morning. I have decided to run the Richmond half instead of the full marathon. I just don't have any interest in running the full marathon right now - maybe some other year. Anyway, I rode my bike for an hour prior to my 10 mile run. I felt rested and healthy - unlike yesterday (super tired, upset tummy and pink eye....the joys of teaching). I had a great run - felt energized and strong (for me - so it's all relative).

Nutrition plan:
Dinner: Chicken critter salad with Italian dressing

Pre workout: Fully charged drink from Hammer, 1 anti-fatigue cap and one bagel with cream cheese

During workout: Heed on the bike and run, one Hammer gel (banana) before the run

Post workout: recoverite

This week's workout plan:
Daily plank, sit ups, squats

M spin
T - morning run
W spin
Th - morning run
F swim?
S - run 12 with MTT

No comments: