Monday, June 8, 2009

Cycling for a Cure - part 2

Last winter, I decided to take on the challenge of competing in another endurance event for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. By finishing the SeaGull Century in October, I will have completed the "triple crown" of fundraising for TNT by finishing a marathon (Mayor's Midnight marathon in Alaska), a triathlon (Dave Scott's Texasman Tri in - where else? - Texas) and at last (fingers crossed) a century ride this fall.

Due to the extreme generosity of my friends and family, I have already raised the minimum funds of $2,500. Close to 80% of the funds go straight to cancer research (the other portion supports our training). But, every dollar that I raise beyond my minimum goes directly to cancer research.

If you know of anyone who is interested, please have them donate to my cause: My Team in Training Website

(Big hugs to two of my favorite people who have been personally affected by blood cancer: Rick and Fave...this one is for your two wonderful dads).

2 comments:

Fave said...

GO SQ, GO!
I know you will spin those pedals to helping finding a cure for that stupid Lymphoma! And if you are feeling weak along the way, remember you have some extra wings carrying you along. xoxoxo

TriGirl 40 said...

Congrats on the awesome fundraising efforts for a special cause. Hugs to you, Rick and Fave.