First, the bad news:
1. SanDee J (aka broken knee #2) tore her ACL a few weeks ago. She is undergoing reconstructive surgery next week.
2. My left knee needs surgery,too. Dr H. confirmed what I suspected today during my appointment. We're going to hold off on that for awhile. It may happen next November. (My left knee makes very nauseating sounds when I walk upstairs - and on bad days, it clicks during every pedal stroke).
And now for the good news:
1. It's going to be a gorgeous weekend.
2. My right knee is healing beautifully. Hooray! The good doctor predicts I'll be "normal" (I use that term loosely) by mid-April - four months post-surgery. He said it can take anywhere from 4-12 months to recover. He mentioned something about "type A, tough" people tend to heal a little faster. I shared this comment with my mother, and her only comment was "He's got your number." I'm not really that tough...no comment on my occasional type A tendencies. Triathletes and Type A personalities go together like Peeps and Easter. But, I think some of my training partners make me look like Little Miss Laidback (you know who you are - smile)
3. My spring break begins tomorrow at 1:30 p.m. Six years of grad school are paying off...