Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kicking

I am not kicking...yet in the pool. But the other guppies are kicking and kicking and kicking and kicking and kicking and kicking. You get the picture.
I think they all may have been a little jealous of me and my oh-so-pretty pull buoy this morning. Don't worry, Gups - you'll have the last laugh when I begin to kick again (in about 10 days or so). My hip flexors are crying already.
Meanwhile, I'm thinking (because I am deranged) that I might just step up and do the Chesapeakeman Aquavelo (or as we regular people call it - the aquabike) in late September. What can I say? I'm addicted to training with my peeps. And I just know that Deanna, Fave and Lynn want to do the Sea Gull Century with me in October...any other takers?

5 comments:

Fave said...

i think i will be doing kicking drills in my sleep after this morning's hip flexor fest! by the end there was not exactly white water. do you think ProK would notice if I used fins next time?

Hmm. when is seagull? I said I wanted to do a century this year. but I can't do C2C b/c that's Kinetic and I msut cheer on my peeps, and well I am doing 112 in Sepetember. Let's discuss. Maybe a meeting Cafe "Conference Room" Caturra...

TriGirl 40 said...

Starting kicking again has been a slow, exhausting process for me. Little by little, I am getting some strength back and it is starting to feel a bit more "natural" again. And I am not even a good kicker to begin with!

But all this kicking could be helpful for making our legs stronger for century rides. ;)

Unknown said...

We'll have to set up a meeting in the conference room asap...
Sea Gull is Oct 10th - hopefully, it will jive with your AZ training. come join DB and me (and you know we'll talk Lynn into it...)

TriGirl Kate O said...

I'm totally in for the Sea Gull! I have an old high school friend in Salisbury MD who I'll be riding with, and I may try to con some others into coming. Would Grandison consider this ride for the IMFL girls for their Eastern Shore Wknd?

Unknown said...

Good question - I guess it depends on how well it works with their training plans, cost, etc. etc.