Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A quick update...

* My laptop is back. Perhaps that means I will be a little better with my blogging...or not.

* Josie was quite frightened by the SPCA party. I think she could smell the fear & loneliness of the animals that live there (while awaiting their new homes). The Richmond SPCA is an immaculate facility - clean, bright & cheerful. But Josie felt otherwise. She remained stuck to either my side or Rick's all night. However, she did momentarily regain her friendly nature when we stopped at the bar for a glass of wine. She popped her two front paws up on the bar like she owned the place. She takes after her mother.

* We ran close to 22 miles on Saturday. It's been awhile since I've completed that kind of run. Thanks to the planning of Shawn & Shelly, the run took us through all kinds of beautiful neighborhoods. We also watched in shock as Karen took a major wipe-out on Brook Road. She cut up her hands, her knee and even her happy face. That was the first time I've seen her look unhappy during a workout (seriously). Afterwards, we gorged ourselves on cupcakes baked with amazing skill by Caroline P. She can run fast AND bake.

No comments: