Saturday, March 13, 2010

TNT Auction

On Tuesday, I'll take a break from after-work training to attend the summer Team in Training silent auction. It's at Blackfinn restaurant from 6:30-8:00 p.m. (and yes, you can arrive late). Please spread the word - it's open to everyone. We'd love to see you! All money raised from the auction goes directly to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Here's a sample of the super-cool items available...

gift certificates to a wide variety of restaurants in the greater Richmond area (such as Cha-Chas, Starbucks, Turner and Bragg)

jewelry

artwork

wine

A Timex Ironman watch

A cooler filled with Gatorade products (a necessity for all of my athletic friends!)

And...an autographed basketball from this year's super-awesome University of Richmond men's basketball team. As of this writing, they are gearing up for tomorrow's A-10 championship game against Temple (they just beat top 25 team Xavier!)
I don't want to jinx them, but I'm thinking they are NCAA-bound. Go Spiders!

Meanwhile, my fundraising is in great shape. My initial goal was $1,500 but I'm already at close to $1,800. I've raised my expectations (and efforts) to try to reach $2,500. I have about $700.00 more to raise to reach that goal. Keep spreading the word, my friends. As my friends Nicole and Art pointed out to me, cancer is not (unfortunately) in a recession.

No comments: