Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow!

Some may think I'm crazy, but I love a good ol' fashioned snowstorm like yesterday's. We have at least a foot of new, beautiful fresh powder on our back deck. It looks like something out of...New Hampshire...or Maine....or Vermont. I wish I still had cross-country skis.

Of course, the snow makes it a little difficult to ride outside. Luckily, Rick and I have a room over the garage where we can set-up our bikes on trainers and peddle away to Coach Troy. I'm actually sore from yesterday's session. (Coach Troy - you are an evil genius). After the workout, I had about 3 hours of work-related stuff to do on the computer. Luckily, I finished in time for a fireside game of backgammon and a glass of wine. Don't we sound so very civilized? (Well...I might've called it a "stupid game" after Rick crushed me).

Today was spent shoveling snow while watching my dog run around in it like a wild beast. I'm also in the middle of making cajun red beans and rice (with homemade rolls, too). I love it when I have time to cook a real meal.

A special thanks to Frances M and Aimee H for donating to my fundraising efforts. I appreciate it so much!

6 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend - as perfect as one can be when we can't ride outside. I need to find out the Coach Troy DVDs you guys have - they sound great!

Unknown said...

Try "Have Mercy" - it's a good one. "Tough Love" is another favorite (well...sort of).

TriGirl Kate O said...

Definitely the perfect weekend!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Coach Troy's new Ultra Conditioning series? Jeff and I did U.C. 1.0 this weekend. You do bike sprints/grinds/etc. and then periodically come off the bike to do some TOUGH leg conditioning exercises (think plyometics--jumping squats!) Even Jeff said it was TOUGH!!!

Unknown said...

Denise...oh yes, we have that too! It's quite a workout...

o2bhiking said...

Yeah this is one time SusieQ that I wish I still had my old X-country skis. There are times I really miss that. Way to go on your fundraising. Art