Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Smile

Yup - I'm smiling.

Here's the thing - I have friends pat me on the back for volunteering for Team in Training. However, I'm the one who feels like I'm taking from others. It's true. I feel guilty because sometimes I feel like I'm "getting" more than I'm "giving."

What do I mean? Well, my Saturday morning experience is a perfect example.

First, I was able to run with Rick for part (a very small part) of his crazy-long run. Made my day..

Rick continued on his run while I met my TNT buddies at the Direct Buy lot for some riding. After a quick change into some warmer clothes, we headed out on an easy ride. Two members of our team are quite new to cycling, so we mainly rode around WC - working on shifting and getting comfie on the bike. There still is a lot of debris on the road from winter weather, so we weren't too surprised when team member Allen had a flat (his son, a leukemia survivor, is one of our patient honorees). While we were dealing with that, I was very happy to see Deanna and Kate O gearing up for a winter ride. I introduced DB and KO (great supporters of the cause) to my TNT peeps.
Nice people meeting nice people - get it?

Coach Susan A and I had to cut the ride short to hustle over to Endorphin (who graciously opened their doors for TNT) for a TNT recruitment meeting. Lots of great events up and coming this summer!

Meanwhile, after realizing that I only have $400.00 left to raise (and several months to do so), I've upped my fundraising goal to $2,000. We'll see how creative I can be with my fundraising ideas.

Thanks to Kathleen M and William T for their donations. Your generosity inspired me to work harder to fight cancer.

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Mmmm - this is why we love SQ - you make us smile - and remind us about what is good and important in this world. Love meeting your Team In Training friends - and hope we can bike together soon.

o2bhiking said...

It is a cause where the more we give, the more we get, isn't it? Keep on peddling. Art