Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A wee bit o' procrastinatin'

So...it's exam time at the wonderful University of Richmond. I have many, many papers to grade and another stack of portfolios coming in tomorrow.

Logically, I'm going to update my blog. I'm smart like that.

Let's see - what's new in my exercise life? I'm actually RUNNING these days. Yes - really running. I'm still sticking to 30 minute runs, but they feel oh-so-wonderful. I even ran hard enough up a hill to feel a little ill. I know it's warped, but I love that feeling. I did break my time limit rule on Thanksgiving when I ran some of the Turkey Trot with my buddies, SanDee, Deanna and Ashton. I was so excited to be running with my friends again that I talked NON-STOP. I might have been a little annoying.

I've been enjoying serving as a non-fundraising mentor for the cycling studs of Team in Training. Our team for the spring is small, but mighty. It seems the bulk of TNT folks opt for running events, followed by triathlons. I plan to return to the triathlon crew this summer. And, brace yourselves, I will be fund raising again to fight cancer. Unfortunately, we haven't kicked cancer to the curb yet so my fund raising continues. You'll learn more about that after the holidays.

Since it's the "off-season" (is there really such a thing?), Rick and I have had some time to decorate for the holidays. It's called "Ye olde Christmas Compromise".
From the outside, our neighbors see white candles in the windows and wreaths with pretty red bows on every window and door. We even have the classic spotlight on the front door. The neighbors were so thrilled by this decorating scheme that they asked one of us (that would be me) to serve on some kind of neighborhood committee. We are such suburbanites.
And then there is the tree. It's a beautiful Frasier Fir....with blinking chili pepper lights from top to bottom. And if that wasn't enough, we also have little lit-up Washington Redskin helmet lights, too. Yes, they really make those.
I must admit that I love our crazy tree.

4 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Loved running the Turkey Trot with you! Though it sounds like you are making such good progress, it may be the first and last time you run at DB pace!

Post pics of the decorations - they sound great!

TriGirl Kate O said...

We need a picture of that tree. So glad the running is feeling good! Can't wait to see you this wknd.

The Transplant said...

So glad you're running again! And I'm with Kate - I need to see some pictures of that tree! Loved, loved, loved seeing you in FL!

Anonymous said...

I agree with KO...post the tree!! Gotta love a tree with chili peppers and Redskins' helmets! What do you do for a topper????