Friday, December 18, 2009

Snow Tires

Susan Ann, the Team in Training cycle coach, had me for moment when she called on us to put on our "snow tires" for tomorrow's scheduled ride. Obviously, with snow in the forecast, we'll move our training indoors.

Luckily, I have several training options. I could zip over to Burkwood in the morning for a spinning class. While spinning classes are a great workout, I prefer to sit on my own bike, if possible.

I could head over to Endorphin for their Saturday movie ride (just one of the perks of training with Endorphin). I took part in the movie ride two weeks ago and loved it. Time flies on the trainer when you watch a good movie with friends (followed by a yummy post-workout breakfast).

Or - I could sleep in a bit and hop on my own trainer at home. There is something so lovely about shuffling downstairs in my pajamas, brewing fresh coffee and whipping up scrambled eggs and a bagel prior to a ride. Hopefully, there will be some snow falling to make the effect even closer to perfection.

By the way, I'm wishing for lots of snow tomorrow! I LOVE snow.

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Your wish came true! Yesterday was trainer and a movie - today it is trainer and Kona!

Anonymous said...

I prefer the coffee, eggs, etc. option myself. Minus the trainer ride, of course! lol