Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sigh...

Lately, I've been a little too enthusiastic about my recovery. It's going really well - but not quite as well as I'd like to think. I need many reminders that it really hasn't been that long since surgery. I'd prefer reminders from my own brain - not my knee.

Heavy sigh..

After too many hours on my feet over the weekend combined with swimming, hard cycling and overdoing it on the step ups, my knee looked like a big fat melon yesterday at PT. Jim sat me down, put some ice on my knee, and told me to stay off my bike and out of the pool for a day or two.

Dang it.

He did reassure me that I haven't done any damage and that all will be fine in a day or two.

It's just a reality check that coming back from surgery is a process that can't be rushed.

9 comments:

Cyndi said...

SQ - Dammit. Stupid injuries.

Take care of yourself and that knee. xoxo

C

Fave said...

deep breath.
you have two great knees soon!

Annn said...

Now would be a good time to drop off the bottle of wine?

Keep the faith in the healing process, you will be back before you know it!

Denise W said...

At least it's just swelling and no damage....take it easy, rest, and the healing will keep getting better! Hugs.

TriGirl 40 said...

Grrrr! But you are being smart and patient! By now, I bet that knee is only peach size.

Unknown said...

It's much smaller and happier now. Gotta love ice + compression sleeve + rest
But I still wanted to do boot camp...

Jennifer said...

Your last sentence was something I had to DAILY remind myself of when I was given the green light to start training again after my knee surgery. Green light? Ha! it was more like yellow light!

Hang in there Susie!! You'll be back into the full swing of things soon and your knee will thank you for it too! :-)

TriGirl Kate O said...

ice + compression = aaaahhh. I had days like that after my knee surgery.

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

Give it time, I know it sucks! But you will be back out there!
I am here, with wine if you need anything!