Thursday, February 19, 2009

Simple pleasures

Yesterday had some definite highlights, including:

1. A return to Guppies - despite floundering around with the pull buoy, it was so fun to be back with the gang in the disturbingly murky pool.

2. Walking outside to a winter wonderland - there is something about snow falling that makes me smile (perhaps because it is so rare in Virginia).

3. My undergraduates put on a fabulous presentation in one of my classes. I was so proud of them!

4. My car AND laptop are in fine-working order after a trip to the car doctor (oil change, balance, brake pads) and the computer doctor (upgrade to Leopard - my laptop is totally fancy-pants now).

3 comments:

margo said...

fancy pants. i love that phrase.

Denise W said...

Oooh..does that mean you have a leopard print case, with hot pink Susie Q initials on it? lol...love the phrase fancy pants, too. Glad to hear your accomplishments...it's the little things, isn't it?

TriGirl 40 (okay - 41) said...

Was great to see you at your second week at Guppies. You were swimming like you never had a break!