Thursday, February 19, 2009

Simple pleasures

Yesterday had some definite highlights, including:

1. A return to Guppies - despite floundering around with the pull buoy, it was so fun to be back with the gang in the disturbingly murky pool.

2. Walking outside to a winter wonderland - there is something about snow falling that makes me smile (perhaps because it is so rare in Virginia).

3. My undergraduates put on a fabulous presentation in one of my classes. I was so proud of them!

4. My car AND laptop are in fine-working order after a trip to the car doctor (oil change, balance, brake pads) and the computer doctor (upgrade to Leopard - my laptop is totally fancy-pants now).

3 comments:

margo said...

fancy pants. i love that phrase.

Anonymous said...

Oooh..does that mean you have a leopard print case, with hot pink Susie Q initials on it? lol...love the phrase fancy pants, too. Glad to hear your accomplishments...it's the little things, isn't it?

TriGirl 40 said...

Was great to see you at your second week at Guppies. You were swimming like you never had a break!