Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Moving along

This morning, PT Jim cut back my visits to just once a week. A very positive sign, indeed. He told me that my range of motion is excellent - yippee! Now, we are going to focus primarily on building more strength in my quad - and eventually move to "dynamic" exercises. I'll be heading to the gym (most likely the beautiful Weinstein Center at U of R) every other day to go through the long list of exercises he has prescribed for me. I'll also be spinning on my bike - and floating around in the pool, too. Running, alas, is somewhere far off in the distance. Believe it or not, I'm really okay with it.
While I miss the funny, quirky conversations from long training runs, I don't miss the ongoing pain in my knees that accompanied those runs.

No comments: