Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thank you!

Thanks to all of you for your support and advice re: my silly knees.

I was in panic mode last week when my doctor confirmed that my knees were just like my sister and dad's. But, I also really, really stressed them by running Timberman. And, being somewhat of a fool, I forgot that I needed to back right off after Timberman. I found myself forgetting that my doctor had very specifically said to build up the mileage ever so slowly.
When I didn't do that, my knees (rightfully) rebelled.

I admit that my knees are fragile. But, they may be able to handle a return to running if I do it wisely (for a change).

The knee has responded really well to my new oh-so-fashionable knee brace. (Perhaps I'll have a trigirl flower stitched on it).

The return to running is going to be super-slow. Case in point: I ran for 5 minutes on Tuesday. Yup - just five.
This morning, after some time on the bike trainer, I ran for 9 minutes. I plan to do a gentle trot of about 10 minutes after an easy bike ride on Saturday.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed (and my knee on ice) that I will be ready for a trail run in December.

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

If anyone can overcome the battle of the knees - it is Susie Q - with your optimistic attitude and smart approach. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Anonymous said...

You are an Ironwoman, and you are one of the smartest women I know. You will do the right thing this winter,come out next summer, and kick ass in LP!!!