Thursday, April 3, 2008

My new closet

Last night after swimming, TGs Kate B, Molly and I were talking about how cozy & comfy our Toughgirl outfits really are. If we could, we would wear them to work. (Actually, I think I did wear it to one faculty meeting). Our conversation made me think about my closets - and what resides within them. I have always been somewhat of a "girly-girl" and consequently I have never shied away from shopping for new clothes. It used to be standard for me to get an Ann Taylor or Nordstrom gift certificate for Christmas. One friend, while helping me move, quipped that I may have had the entire spring Ann Taylor inventory in my closets. He was not far from the truth.

But, those days are over, my friends.

You know you have made the switch from being a clothes horse to a workout beast when you...

1. Linger over the various deals on swimoutlet.com. I am a huge fan of the Speedo endurance line. Those suits don't quit! I just ordered a new one (for the first time in 2 years). Black with pink trim, of course.

2. Choose to spend your spare cash on yet another adorable trigirl piece. (Grandison should be in marketing). Really, I will be riding my bike a lot, so I can easily justify my recently ordered skirtsport biking skirt-thing.

3. Rather than buy a needed new pair of work pants (seriously, my basic black pants are starting to be too basic), you opt for prescription cycling glasses. Yes, I plan to be able to see where I'm riding this year. (I thought it was a good idea). Who really cares if my work pants are threadbare?

It's all about priorities. My priorities have clearly shifted - and I am thankful.

3 comments:

TriGirl Kate O said...

When I was working full time, my closet was 99.99% Ann Taylor clothes. They are now 75% workout gear/jeans and fancier stuff I wear only 2% of the time! I'm all for shopping at Maramarc--their clothes are so cute, and you can indeed wear them anywhere.

Diane said...

And you look FAH-BU-LOUS dahling...

Melissa said...

i like to think i am doing my part for america's economy.