Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March 13, 2013

I had another blog post up for about 10 hours until I came to my senses and deleted it. I realized when re-reading it (always reread what you've written - I know, I am full of nuggets of wisdom) that I was doing too much whining. I'm trying to minimize my whining these days, so that post had to go. On a happy note, I have rejoined the Peluso Open Water crew. After IMFL, my motivation to get in the pool waned to the point of non-existence. I figured I needed a break so I took most of the winter off from swimming - with an occasional short flail-around session every once in awhile.

Well...I'm back. And I am out of swimming shape. But, I've got to start somewhere. I have actually looked forward to these workouts this week (sort of) because I know that a) they will be worth my time b) I'll see all kinds of people I like. In just two sessions, Laure has addressed some major technique flaws of mine with her various drills and pep talks.  I'm also trying to get back to strength training (in addition to yoga). My arms and core are really feeling it today after strength training last night and swimming (with all kinds of push ups and sprints) this morning. It's a "good" soreness, though.

One night (while procrastinating), I stumbled across what is now my favorite blog. The author (who happens to be a Vermont girl and Middlebury grad, so you know she's awesome) is a down-to-earth little speedster. Her blog makes me laugh. Check it out here - I think you'll love it.

No comments: