Sunday, October 3, 2010

Random Post

So...I've had no real training plan this fall and it's been kind of nice. I decided to take a break from triathlons until 2011 or 2012 or whenever the spirit moves me. Maybe it will...maybe it won't. I have gotten back into twice/week strength training which my old body definitely needs. I've been swimming a little - and by that I mean once in the past three weeks. Luckily, ProK will soon be kicking my slack butt again soon. (Oh no...does that mean I have to try that insane butterfly stroke again? Talk about feeling uncoordinated...)

And I'm running more - about 3 times/week. I've run in Asics for years, but I've decided that I'm not a fan of those clunkers anymore, especially when the dreaded plantar fascitis reared its ugly head again. It plagues me - and I'm blaming the shoes.

After doing some research and chatting with the nice guy @ the Short Pump 3sports, I have switched to some super-light Sauconys. I LOVE them. I ran yesterday with Rick and actually felt kinda peppy at the end of the run. (Or maybe I was just elated that I was not running 20 miles like my somewhat crazy hubby). Whatever the reason, it was a gorgeous morning for a run.

2 comments:

o2bhiking said...

I'm trying to get back into some badly neglected strength training as well. I have run very little since Seattle, but after running a 5K this past weekend and really enjoying it, I know I need to find the time to run a lot more. And hike, of course! Art

Tim said...

Hey SuzieQ. I took 2010 off from racing and training with a plan, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. After 10 years, it was a much needed break. Hope you enjoy your time off as much as I have.