Monday, April 13, 2009

Released

After 3 months of PT, I was officially released on Friday. Of course, chances are high that I will be back in May if Dr H. performs surgery on my other knee. I'll find out about the situation with that possible surgery on Thursday.
The funny thing about recovering/prepping from/for knee surgery is that it both restricts me and frees me. Weird, I know.
Obviously, I'm restricted in what I can do. I've missed a lot of training over the winter, so I'm not able to do the hard core workouts the half and full IM people do. I'm not running yet (we tried that on Friday - not quite there). And so I find myself being able to...do whatever I want.
I can fit in a random pilates or yoga class and not worry that it's "getting in the way of a scheduled workout."
I'm checking out a wide variety of spin classes and instructors - different music, different routines. It's something unexpected every class.
I'm trying to learn the butterfly which is hilarious. But, I figure - why not? It's something new. And funny. Very funny.
I have a lot more time on the weekends. I love that. I'm reading books again. I'm looking forward to creating beauteous flower boxes. I think I might even cook dinner from time to time.
Yup - there is a silver lining after all.

6 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Congrats on your final PT (for now) and finding many wonderful silver linings to your recovery!

Ceeej said...

Love your attitude! Keep up the great work and maybe we can catch up one day soon.

Tim said...

You're gonna cook dinner????

When is it?

Sarah and I will come back.

Unknown said...

Ha ha! Rick is waiting for me to cook dinner, too. I'll let you & Sarah know if it actually happens - you may want to book a private jet. :)

Denise W said...

LMAO when I read Tim's post! Too funny. But your attitude about a not-so-great sitch is outstanding. I can see you butterflying your way down the pool now, working up the appetite to go home and saute something wonderful....:-)

Diane said...

Good time to try ZUMBA!!! Take Patty with you for extra fun. :)