Friday, July 25, 2008

Ironman USA

Tricked ya! This is not a post about signing up for IMUSA. That topic has been covered quite beautifully by Shawnie, Deanna B and Kate. I will say that I LOVED my weekend in Lake Placid. The combo of the gorgeous location + being with my super-cool training buddies made for very good times (despite the ridiculous rain). I am very psyched about that race. My family might even be able to make it! (Cue the tears - I miss my family).

Instead....I'd like to talk about Trigirl blogs.

Okay - Annnn, Margo and Diane crack me up (when they blog...I'm talking to you, Di & Margo). Please check out Margo's picture of a shark with a laser beam. I don't really know what that means, but it makes me laugh.

Speaking of non-blogging bloggers.....we are waiting, Cyndi.....Ironman Brazil is old news, sister. :) The same goes for you, Cathy!

Shawnie wins the award for most consistent blogger. Every Monday (unless she is in.....say....Brazil), she updates her blog with an extremely funny post.

Debbie JO - great blog....keep up the posting, woman.

Favey is quite the picture poster - love that. I need to do that.

Kate O started out slowly (kinda like her early season training), but has totally hit her stride now. Both her blog and her training efforts are impressive.

I love to check in on the thought processes of Kate G, I don't get to catch up with her very often during training (perhaps because she is training for an Ironman - and I'm not).

Bethany is a great writer - although I'm guessing her law practice gets in the way of what she really loves....thinking about triathlons (and Bart, of course).

Allison - your blog is really interesting to look at - technological whiz that you are (not to mention kick-ass swimmer).

Jonah's blog is the original - thoughtful & interesting...just like her.

Kathleen - You are just an inspiration. Plain & simple. I have my fingers crossed for you and the set-up award plan. I like it.

Deanna B's blog contains my all-time favorite post....the one about "Believing." She describes the strides she has made with her swimming - and the belief in her own abilities that has come along in the process. I do re-read that one after a spazz race (don't call them "bad" - just spazzy) or flat workout. It always gives me a boost. Smooch to you!

As for Carm - I miss you & your writing.

4 comments:

TriGirl Kate O said...

Aww, shucks. Thanks Susie Q. You could honestly say that my early season training was non-existant, but I had a good excuse. No more excuses, no more denial, I'm countin' them down baby till IMFL!

What I like about Susie's blog: it seems that we never get to train together, but I love to read your takes on the workouts and festivities. You rock!

TriGirl 40 said...

I'm blushing, too. Thanks so much for the sweet words.

Now my turn - SQ's blog rocks because of your insightful observations and witty writing. And you never know when the title and colors will change. XOXOXO

Kate said...

Susie, you are such an inspiring and thoughtful team leader. Great to catch up with you out at WC on Saturday!!!

Diane said...

Thanks for the props sista. I'll try to blog more... just for you. And just maybe I'll get to see you one day soon instead of just read about you and your exploits with awe.