Tuesday, May 20, 2008

And we are (almost) off...

The majority of the IM Brazil team leaves Richmond today @ 2:25, bound first for Miami. We leave Miami tonight for an overnight flight to Brazil. We should be in Florianopolis sometime before noon on Wednesday. I am packing my laptop and digital camera. My plan is to provide updates on what we are up to - as long as the technology cooperates. Keep your fingers crossed!

And for those of you who don't know, we all plan to wear our Trigirl running skirts on the marathon. This includes team members who tend to avoid skirts, including: Mark, Rick, Jeff, Tim, Som, Karen and Shelley - and hopefully, CJ. Lynn and I love our skirts, so it won't quite as exciting to see us in them.

And here are some words of motivation from Anna Quindlen. It's writing like this that makes me realize, despite my fears, I am so excited to be heading to Brazil.

But you are the only person alive who has sole custody of your life. Your particular life. Your entire life. Not just your life at a desk, or your life on the bus, or in the car, or at the computer. Not just the life of your mind, but the life of your heart. Not just your bank account, but your soul.

3 comments:

TriGirl Kate O said...

My soul wishes I could be there with you (and to see Mark, Som, and jeff in skirts!) Have a wonderful trip and race--can't wait to read the updates already.
BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!

Kate said...

What great quote! Take lots of pictures so we can share this special time.

Cyndi said...

Susie,

Is it normal that I'm so excited and happy for you guys that I am literally brought to tears every time I hear from you guys about the race? I'm clearly living vicariously through you guys -- and it's a lesson to me that next time, I will make a different decision and choose to be there with you all! Tons of x's and o's to each and every one of you! Know that I'll spend most of my day on Sunday crying with pride as I track each of you in Brazil.

So much love,

C