1. Completing a long, long workout that involved three hours on the bike followed by a negative split 8-miler. We took the negative split part of it very seriously - yikes. It was all I could do to keep Mark, Rick and Ed in view on the way back from the Downtown Y to Maramarc. The men were moving.
2. A delicious start to the Trigirl season @ Mekong. I met my little sister, Sandy, while enjoying a yummy meal with a whole bunch of other new & veteran TGs.
3. Wearing my new TG running skirt on a 6-miler yesterday. The sun was shining, it was unseasonably warm, my knees & foot weren't acting up for a change, and I was sporting my skirt. I never expected that I would like wearing the running skirt - but I LOVE it.
4. Having two consecutive solid run workouts. My running has felt "off" for awhile due to some nagging injuries and illness. But, fingers crossed, I finally felt happy again running yesterday. It must be the crazy white rolling thing I'm using several times a day on my IT bands (also used by other famous triathletes: Twila, Jonah, Aimee G, Cathy, Jeff).
5. Returning to early a.m. strength training. Believe me, any Maramarc strength training is excellent, but I have always trained at the Mon/Wed 6:00 a.m. sessions until this semester. Early morning responsibilities have made it tricky to fit in the early session. But, by doing early strength, I am able to fit in my other necessary workouts a little more easily. So, from now on, I'll be scrambling to get to work on time - but it's worth it.
6. More available daylight. I don't think any explanation is necessary.