Happy New Year! I thought I'd share Cyndi's artistic handiwork with you. As you can see, both she and Fave are getting quite skilled with the Facebook drawing tool. You might say we are masters at procrastinating...
Anyway, with the new year approaching a little too quickly, I thought I'd create a combination resolution/thankful list.
1. Be grateful (rather than a whiner) about our workouts. When I start to complain that the workout is "too hard" or "too long," I need to remember that I am lucky to have the ability to train as we do. Ed & Mark, I promise I won't whine anymore. Really.
2. Hydrate more - especially during longer races. No one really wants to spend their time waiting for me to emerge from the medical tent (this one is for Twila & Rick).
3. Take more time to get to know all the trigirls. What an incredible group of women! In my training frenzy in 2007, I missed getting to know a whole slew of TGs. I don't think my training is going to be any less time-consuming, but I can certainly take the time to get to know all of you fabulous trigirls.
4. Approach the swim with a positive attitude. I am going to work on loving the water. I may not get any faster, but I want to be sure I enjoy my time in pools, lakes and oceans. It's not as if they are suddenly going to remove the swim from triathlons, so I need to deal with it.
5. Enjoy every moment of every day. Even if I'm dealing with a difficult student or paying bills or running repeats. Look at life the way a lab puppy does. Have you ever met a lab puppy who isn't wagging his or her tail?
6. Thank my "lucky stars" (to quote my sweet, sweet mom) that I have the family & friends I do.
See you all in 2008!