After back-to-back weekends of tough races (IMFL & the Richmond marathon), I was so ready to rest. I can't remember the last time I willingly rested for two weeks, but that is what I did. Since November 10th, I have:
1. Walked my dog a LOT. She loves recovery time.
2. Driven to and from New England for Turkey Day. Can you believe it took less time to drive home from NH than it took me to complete IMFL? Now that's just crazy.
3. Unpacked boxes leftover from my move in July. Mind you, I'm still not finished.
4. Survived my first tattoo. It's pretty - you can see it at indoor cycling. Thank you Som!
5. Eaten lots of good food (Rick is ready to take out a loan to cover the cost of feeding me post-IM/marathon) & drank plenty of yummy wine.
6. Missed my training partners.
7. Signed up for two more big races in 2008: IM Brazil & the Boston marathon. I did have a slight panic attack after signing up for IM Brazil, but I'm over that. Life is meant to be lived, isn't it?
8. Jogged the "Galloping Gobbler" with my sister-in-law on Thanksgiving morning. My first run in nearly 2 weeks. The first mile is always hard - no matter what.
And now I find myself eagerly looking forward to our first indoor cycling workout of winter 2007/2008 on Saturday. I am ready for a little pain among friends.